Sunday, September 11, 2011

A few first family videos....

My life is beginning to have some order and structure. Not to the OCD levels that I prefer, but at least at an applaud able level for being a first time mom. I still have not touched the baby book or finished the painting project of her name for her room, but I imagine I will get there.

Today I finally downloaded videos from our hospital stay and Stella's birth. Have no fear.... there is no "Baby Story" like footage of a mothers private parts... however you will see Stella's "money shot" as the nurse called it. You will also, if you listen carefully hear me running my mouth in the background of most footage. Major surgery or not, I CAN TALK!

The first video is Kyle practicing with the 3M and making sure he had it ready to go for Stella's arrival. He is filming me right before they took me back for the c-section.


Stella's first breaths in the world, while they sewed me up. You can hear me explain that I was so sure she was a HE, because statistically 70% women who have the rash I had (PUPPS) have a boy.


Here is Kyle walking out to the lobby to announce Stella's arrival and stats. I had told him not to worry about filming it, but to at least get the sound (I wanted him to be in the moment too). So don't get dizzy watching. His mom, my parents, my sister and her daughter Lorenn were all waiting and had been for HOURS. At this point it is about 3 am. You can see and hear my sister jumping up and down and hugging Kyle and waking my 4 year old niece to tell her she has a new baby girl cousin!!

 

Here is Stella getting her first bath by the lovely nurse Andrea! I loved her commentary. You once again can hear me in the background clarifying my labor and email addresses, as I was sending out a mass email to friends and family announcing Stella's arrival!

And after a very bumpy and somewhat painful ride home in Indy Friday rush hour, here we are arriving at our house for the first time with Stella and introducing her to her furry brother and sister.

 



I hope they weren't too boring. I could watch them over and over for days, but I think I may be biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment